Learning about Christmas

Many years ago, Mama Dot gave us a Nativity set that was not breakable. Hannah Ruth has enjoyed playing with it. You can see in this photo that she is placing baby Jesus back in the manger. One day she played and played with it. I wish you could hear her say, "Baby Jesus." She asked who the shepherd was and I told her that he came to see Jesus. She then picked him up and had the shepherd look closely at Baby Jesus. She knew instinctively that Mary was his mother and was a bit disappointed that Mary was unable to hold her baby. Seeing Christmas through the eyes of a two year old is so incredibly sweet!


3 Comments:
We have the same one and Katie Lin loves to put baby Jesus back in the manger!! HOW SWEET!
I love this picture...so sweet! Children learning the real meaning of Christmas is what it is all about.
Blessings to you!
Isn't that awesome. Adriana wants to take the Little People Baby Jesus everywhere in her little purse so that she can show people. Talk about witnessing!
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment
<< Home