Sunday afternoon

Greetings Ya'll!
So many of you have told me that you check the blog daily. I have not been able to post every day, but I appreciate your checking. I try to post whenever I have news and pictures. (I know you really want the pictures!)
We have had a fun and busy weekend. On Friday our friends, Buddy and Ginger, came up to Tupelo from Jackson. They met Hannah Ruth. On Saturday, our friends, Sarah and Rich, visited from Memphis to meet Hannah Ruth. I carried the camera around with me all day Saturday and never got a picture with them. Sarah and Rich are logged in to the China Center of Adoption Affairs to adopt a baby daughter also. We went out to eat Mexican and Hannah Ruth LOVED guacamole and refried beans. Saturday afternoon, Ryan played in his last home football game this season. Hannah Ruth wanted to play on the ground, but the ground was muddy, so she did play on a blanket. She is doing so well. She is winning the hearts of all she meets. Today we went to church (she slept through the sermon) and then out to lunch with Earl, Valerie and Sammi. She was a little restless at lunch, but she enjoyed the bill of fare: chicken and dressing, mashed potatoes, green beans, sweet potatoes, pinto beans, and roll and cornbread. She is beginning to want to feed herself more than be fed.
She is learning some baby signs. She signs "milk" when she is ready for a bottle. Sometimes she will sign "more" when eating. We are also recognizing the sounds she has assigned to us. I am not ready to call them words yet. She says, "da da da da" when she means Rick and "ma ma ma ma" when she wants me. She also yells up the stairs and ends with "mon" which means Richmond. Ryan is called, "nyny" or something like that. When I talk on the phone she says "Bye" when I hang up. She can wave "bye bye" also. She is beginning to enjoy reading books and LOVES music. We sat her down at the piano and she played and played. She didn't bang - she played. Rick showed her a trill and she went to those same keys and tried to make her fingers do it. (She couldn't though.) Richmond played guitar for her and she really perked up when he played some jazz. She is happy to ride in the car as long as music is playing on the radio. She loves the music during church and tries to sing along. I think music is in her future.
Keep praying for our house to sell. We are all ready to move into the other house. Thanks for your prayers and good wishes. I will keep posting when I have pictures and something to say. Ya'll are the best!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home