Saturday night update

Hi! I am sorry that it has been so long since my last post. Because I have been trying to go to bed earlier at night, I have not been staying up to post. I cannot post when Hannah Ruth is with me, because she wants to play on the computer while I am. I even let her type on an old not used keyboard, but it is not as fun as sitting in Mom's lap. On Wednesday we went to Birmingham to the International Adoption Clinic. It was a very good experience. Hannah Ruth is doing very well in all areas. She wants to walk, but the occupational therapist, Jill, is encouraging us to keep her crawling for another month because of the developmental benefits. We are trying to provide more opportunities for her to crawl.
She is sleeping 10-12 hours at night, sometimes with a quick bottle around 2:00 am. The family therapist, Leigh Anne, told us that as she attaches, she will wake up more at night to make sure we are still there. You cannot "Ferberize" an orphaned baby. Thankfully, we haven't had that need.
We have had Hannah Ruth with us for almost a month. She is doing so well. The month has flown by and yet it seems like she has always been part of our family. She is a wash and go baby and she loves to go. She gets excited when she sees we are getting into the car. She has learned to wave "bye bye" and waves to all passing vehicles.
Okay - you really want pictures, so I will begin posting!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home