Saturday, February 07, 2009

Chinese New Year part II

On January 31, the Northeast Mississippi Families with Children from China held a New Year's celebration. The children dress up in their Chinese clothes. We eat a meal. The children participate in a dragon dance and then play games. I wanted you to see the group shot of all the children. 4707 (2009) is the year of the ox. I made a pin the tail on the ox game. Hannah Ruth is standing in front of it. I made it out of felt and the tails I made with velcro so they would stick. The Chinese character is the one for ox - also made out of felt. Hannah Ruth enjoyed the ball pits and bouncers. It is great to be in a community with other children from China.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures are delightful... We were wondering--does families with children from China include Chinese families who came from China bringing their children? Lori, you are a wonder, a perfect mom to have a little Chinese girl. You really exceed the job with the planning for Chinese New Year. We are extremely proud of you........

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
online college search