Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Tuesday afternoon




Hannah Ruth is taking a nap so I am in the boys' room making a quick post. Well, Hannah Ruth is ours! This morning we went to the Civil Affairs office and answered a few questions and then to the notary office and answered similar questions. After it was all over, we were given Hannah Ruth's official certificate of adoption. We will spend two more days here and then we will go to Guangzhou for the application of citizenship. You see, we are now her parents, but she still cannot leave the country and we cannot stay forever, so it is only partially finished.

The pictures above are in the civil affairs office. The first picture is all six babies in our group who were adopted from this province. The second is of Hannah Ruth with Ella Cuares of Michigan. Hannah Ruth is doing great! She slept in her crib. She woke up once last night and that was to drink 8 ounces of formula and then right back to sleep. I slept better than I had in weeks - the anticipation and anxiety are gone.

Hannah Ruth loves to eat! (You were right, Penny.) She loves cheerios and watermelon. Today at lunch I gave her some egg and some broth with rice. She drains her bottles to the last drop. After we went out this morning, I gave her a 4 ounce bottle of apple juice thinned with water and she drank it all, then we went and had a big lunch. After all of that, the nap. She also loves her bottle - I didn't even have to widen the nipple on the bottle. She drank her juice with a slow nipple and didn't complain. Her personality is very easy going. The only time she is upset is when she is hungry. She does not know how to use a sippy cup.

Today she finally went to Rick. He has now been able to hold her a couple of times. She still wants me in the sight line though. At lunch after I fed her, I went to the buffet to get some lunch for myself and she started to cry before I returned. She was fine once I sat back down. By the way, Tim I had some Dim Sum at lunch. It was very good, although I do not know exactly what it is. Ryan reported on the hotel buffet. Today there was kangaroo skewers. I didn't try it.

Thank you again for all of your prayers. The transition for Hannah Ruth has been easier than I ever imagined it would be. Jill, I have not had any type of crying jag. When she was put in my arms it just felt like that is where she has always belonged. My prayer request now is for the LONG flight home in a little over a week. Pray it goes well. (We will be traveling for 24+ hours.)

Sai Jian. Good by until later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

LOVE the picture with ALL of those BEAUTIFUL babies!!!

Sonya

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
online college search