It just keeps getting better!

Greetings faithful readers:
Hannah Ruth is the sweetest baby ever. She is such a delight. Yesterday we stayed home most of the day so she managed to get two good naps and then she slept from 9:30 last night until 8:30 this morning. My friend Ginger always said that sleep begats sleep, meaning that you cannot sleep restfully until you are rested. I admit that I am beginning to feel a bit more rested as well. Today we took Hannah Ruth to church and she was incredible. She enjoyed the music and loved the big screens that our church has. (Look mom, big screen TVs!) She slept during the sermon and awoke happy for the last songs. She met so many people who have been praying for her.
After church Rick, Richmond, Hannah Ruth and I went to China Capital for our first Chinese meal since China. Hannah Ruth actually preferred french fries and green beans to any of the other foods we tried. She wanted out of her high chair until Richmond brought over some ice cream and she was happy to sit for the whole bowl!
At home Rick began repotting the front planters with mums, so Hannah Ruth and I went outside with him. (So did Sparky.) It was a beautiful day. She does not like sitting in the grass, but she is fascinated with leaves. She also likes playing in the pine straw. As I was watching her I thought about what a blessing she is. I have lots to do (laundry, thank you notes, etc.) but nothing seems more important that watching her explore her new world and being a part of that. Friends Debi and Don brought over a gift for Hannah Ruth while we were outside. It was a darling pink bear. She took to it right away.
I put her down for her afternoon nap, but it didn't last long, so she was a bit nap deprived today. Hopefully it will not affect tonight. Later in the afternoon, Rick and I took her for a stroll, but she didn't last long in the stroller. Both her daddy and I took turns carrying her. She wanted to stop at every tree and examine its leaves. I do not think she has seen a lot of trees.
This evening we sat out on the back porch and Hannah Ruth enjoyed crackers and meeting our backyard neighbors. After supper and a bath, her daddy gave her her final bottle and put her to bed. I realized it was the first time I hadn't put her to sleep and I missed it a little.
She is very busy and is warming up to Ryan. He won her heart by letting her play with his football. She is pulling up and cruising everywhere. She really wants to walk. Well, I know what you really want is more pictures, so I will finish this and begin posting. Thanks again for your love, support and prayers.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home