And to All a Good Night!
Merry Christmas! It has been a wonderful day at the Culp household. Last night on Christmas eve, we went to church and then came home for Christmas Eve dinner. Our friends, John and Sandi, joined us. We had lots of family at Thanksgiving, but none could make the trip for Christmas. After a nice lamb dinner with friends, Hannah Ruth went to sleep. Richmond went with friends to another church service at another church. Ryan went to bed and then Santa Claus came. Hannah Ruth woke up at her usual time (Ryan actually woke up earlier) and then we led her into the living room. The first picture is of her saying, "Ohhh."
The next picture is of her looking at what Santa had brought. Her favorite gift was the 14 pack of play doh with new play doh cutters.
Her next favorite gift was Christmas Peeps. You know, that awful Marshmallow candy that used to only be found at Easter. Now it is available for all the major holidays. Both Richmond and Hannah Ruth love them and I guess Santa knew because they both had some waiting. For Christmas it is in Snowman form or Gingerbread. Hannah Ruth received the Snowman Peeps. I think her diet consisted mainly of sugar products today, with an occasional protein source sneaked in like peanut butter or cheese.Hannah Ruth went down for a nap this afternoon, but never slept. (Could it be the sugar?!?) Our friends, the Farmers, came over for a brief visit this afternoon. While I made breakfast for supper, Rick bathed Hannah Ruth with the new shampoo and soap Santa left in her stocking. We were 10 minutes from the egg casserole being cooked and my little angel could stand it no longer, she was out! Six o'clock is an early bedtime! I am hoping she makes it through the night. Rick, the boys and I had a nice Christmas supper of breakfast casserole, apple cinnamon muffins, grapefruit and hot tea. After supper, the boys did the dishes and Rick and I went out and rented a Christmas DVD for those still awake to watch.
One of the cute moments of the day was when Richmond reminded Hannah Ruth that today was Jesus' birthday. She started singing, "Happy Birthday" to Jesus, and said we should have cake. I said that we did, coffee cake for breakfast. She was not impressed.
I hope you had a splendid day celebrating the birth of our Savior. Our day was very low key and very nice. I need to get to bed because someone may wake up very early! Blessings to All!


3 Comments:
How fun! KL got peeps too! Love Hannah Ruth's purple hat! What a cutie pie!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Sonya
PS hope to meet you guys in 08
thank you for the pictures. I also love the purple cap, it will go with her new "squall jacket". I am glad you all had a wonderful Christmas. It sounds like a delightful day. Next year grandma and grandpa plan to be there for Christmas morning. Love.....
What a special time for you all! The food all sounds delicious and little Hannah Ruth looked adorable! What a fun Christmas!
We did very low key here as well...my parents live in town and we had a nice dinner with them on Christmas Day. I got sick, though...but am better now!
Happy New Year to the Culps!
Post a Comment
<< Home