Saturday, September 23, 2006

Medical Exam


Before anyone can emigrate from China to the U.S., he/she must have a medical exam and our babies are no different. Our group took their babies this morning. It is nice being back in Guangzhou with our whole group from Beijing. Guangzhou is a modern busy city. We ate McDonald's last night. We are staying in the apartments of the China Hotel which is a Marriot. We have a kitchen, living room, two bedrooms and two baths, and a washer and dryer. I am posting from a Starbucks in the hotel. Nanchang was the real China.

Guangzhou is a modern cosmopolitan city.

The top photo shows us waiting for the medical exam. Hannah Ruth fell asleep on the bus and was rudely awakened by an otoscope in her ear! She was healthy. They also measured her weight and height. She is a whopping 18 pounds! She is wearing 9-12 months clothes. She is 70.5 cm long. That works out to about 28 inches long! She is sleeping right now. She was very fussy at lunch because she didn't finish her nap this morning and fell asleep before I reached the elevator. We ate in the hotel at a noodle house. We had dumplings and congee. (I had to leave a little early with my fussy darling.)

Hannah Ruth seems to me to be developmentally right on target for her age. She is crawling. She has started pulling herself to standing and cruising around on the furniture. She eats well. (I looked at the medical report from the day we adopted her and she has already gained a pound.) She sleeps well - goes to bed about 8:00 - 8:30 and sleeps until 6:00 - 7:00. I have to put her on the potty after breakfast and after dinner and she poops well. What more could you ask? She eats and drinks everything. Today we tried ice cream and Chinese babies are not supposed to like it because it is too cold. SHE LOVED IT!!!

Penny was right. The Hard Rock Cafe is closed. Tonight we are going to eat at a Japanese restaurant known for their steaks.

Tomorrow we will go to a museum and a tea house. Tomorrow afternoon is free. Monday we have our first consulate appointments and then shopping at Shamian Island by the famous White Swan in the afternoon. That is where we hope to find squeaky shoes!

We have not had the opportunity to buy loads of souveniers, but we have purchased the ones we planned. I really do not care if I buy any souveniers, I am bringing home the greatest gift ever, a perfect, precious little girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
online college search