She is so happy

Hannah Ruth is having a great day. She woke up happy. She took a bottle from Rick and I managed to get a shower without her fussing. She then let Rick carry her to breakfast and let me walk around the buffet by myself. When she gets tired, she is still mama's girl, but now she is willing for Rick to carry her and she has been giving great smiles to everyone. The boys haven't been able to hold her yet, but Hannah Ruth will allow them to talk to her and play with her and she gives them smiles. She slept last night from 8:00 until about 6:00 this morning. She took about an hour nap while we were walking around the Teng Weng Pavilion. (I admit, my shoulders and left arm are a little sore. I am really developing my bicep!) She ate well at breakfast after a bottle and then came back to the room and sat on the potty and emptied that belly. She apparently is potty trained, at least for "poo poo." I think she would also urinate as well if I put her on the potty often enough because she doesn't wet her diapers too often. At lunch, she ate and ate. She loved the egg custard (not sweet.) We came home and she played for a little while and then had a bottle and went down for her nap. She has been smiling and laughing and babbling. She has already learned how to get her daddy to give her things (in this case cheerios.) She offers him a great big toothy grin and he melts.
Hannah Ruth seems to be left handed (like her daddy.) I suppose it is still early to know, but right now that is the hand she prefers. She also crawled this morning.
We are ready to come home, but we have one more week. Thanks for all your prayers, they are working miracles! That is all for now. Read the following which are also from today. Blessings to all!


4 Comments:
What a smile!!!! I would melt too! Such an amazing little person!!
Please tell Mary hello from us - she was our guide in Nanchang too! Glad to hear Hannah is taking to Rick - it seems that third day is the 'magic day' for the other parent! Congrats again!
Hi again to all,
What a wonderful thing to watch your trip unfold. Earl and I have been reading everyday and enjoying hearing from you. Hannah Ruth is such a doll and we can hardly wait to meet her in person. We had a special time of prayer last night at small group for your continued safety and your trip home. We are confident that all will go without a problem. We gave an update to the group on the progress of your journey. Everyone was really excited for all of you and sent well wishes!
Lori, Chanda and I were talking today and we will miss you tonight as Grey's Anatomy returns. Wish you were here. We love you all and we will be praying for you everday.
Valerie
To the "Culp 5" - you make a beautiful FAMILY!! We already love Hannah Ruth! Hurry home so we can see her in person - we promise to be "low key" at first as we would not want to make her afraid of us!! Take care and we're looking forward to seeing you all.
Jane K.
lori, your experience with HR is so similar to ours with Lucie. She would not let me leave her. She wouldn't' go to Ray and I could hardly go to the bathroom without her crying. Be prepared as that will continue for several months.hope the rest of your trip is great. kim reed
Post a Comment
<< Home