Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Chasing paper again

Today Rick and I went to Memphis to the Department of Homeland Security and had our fingers printed again. Our fingerprints will expire on July4, so today we were re-fingerprinted. It went smoothly. Fingerprinting is all done electronically, so they know if you have good fingerprints before you leave the office. It is a very interesting process.

After we were fingerprinted, Rick and I ate an early lunch. Before heading home we stopped at the Village Toymaker. I had heard about this store and it was jam packed with fabulous toys! Rick bought a ladybug tea set for Hannah Ruth. It is so cute. It comes in a little picnic basket and has flatware, napkins and a table cloth as well as the tea pot and tea cups. It is real china, so it will have to wait awhile before we play with it.

When we returned home, I heard from our social worker, Carla Proctor. I had asked when we would have to update our home study. It will expire October 1. She said that if we did not have travel approval by mid-August we should begin the update. It will mean resubmitting our documents, being re-checked by the police and making sure we still do not have a record of child abuse. It will be a big hassle. We really need to receive our referral by July so we can travel before the end of September! Carla is great to work with and that helps.

Check out the rumor queen for the latest rumors. There is a rumor that the CCAA will give an official announcement next week concerning the wait. This could be good (it will hold at 12 months) or bad (the wait will continue to extend.) No use speculating, we will have to simply wait and see.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

I had no idea that you had a blog of your seemingly never-ending journey to your destiny. As an adoptive parent, I know how comforting it is know that what you are doing is exactly what God wants. Bless you all. We will be keeping up with your journey and be praying for you.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
online college search