Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The wait continues to continue

Referrals came out today, but they only included five more days! The last batch of referrals were for Log in dates through May 25, 2005. Today referrals continued until May 30, 2005. (That's right, only five more days.) Our agency, AWAA, has no more log in dates until June 3rd, so that is two months without referrals for our agency, other than the three expedited referrals. The rumor going around is that next month's referrals will only include May 31, 2005! I am hoping that is a rumor that does not come true! At the current rate, we will not hold Hannah Ruth in our arms this summer. Last summer I was hoping that she would join us with Rick's family for our annual 4th of July celebration this year, but it looks very doubtful. No one is entirely sure why everything is slowing down so much, but I have to remember that God is in control! We are now being told to expect 10-12 months from Log In Date to referral. Our log in date was July 8, 2005. April 8th will be 9 months. Please keep us and all of the other parents in waiting in your prayers.

On the other hand, the China Center of Adoption Affairs (CCAA) has reviewed dossiers through August 31, so there is the potential for things to speed up again.

My mom and I are going to go shopping in Birmingham this weekend. When we made the plans, I had hoped we would be shopping for baby things, now we will just enjoy spending time together and looking for future baby things. It will be a nice break. I will not be looking at the CCAA website several times each day looking for clues! I know when we finally hold Hannah Ruth in our arms, the wait will be a distant memory.

Thanks for your prayers. They are so important!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
online college search