The wait continues...
The CCAA recently posted on their website that "The CCAA has finished the placement of children for the families whose adoption application documents were registered with our office before May 25, 2005." Our agency AWAA does not have any more dossiers logged in until June, so our agency will not receive any referrals this month. Our Log In Date is July 8, 2005. We are moving closer, but the wait continues. We may not have a referral until April or May!
I have started on the 100 Good Wishes quilt - sort of. I received many lovely pieces of fabric and lots of wishes. Frankly there were too many to include in one quilt. Since I have never quilted before I decided to start with a smaller cuddle quilt using only ladybug fabrics. Lots of people in the AWAA quilt group sent ladybug fabric because ladybugs are the Chinese adoption community symbol that good things are happening. I will quilt the quilt with red thread because the Red Thread is an old Chinese saying that means when babies are born they are already connected to the important people in his/her life by a red thread. This thread can be twisted or stretched, but notbroken. The Red Thread is an important symbol of being connected during the time that families wait for their referrals. Even during the time of paperwork chase, it gives families some feeling of connection that no matter what the red thread will not break. (Information from chinaadoptionstory.com) I will post a picture of this small quilt when I finish it.
One bit of sad news. On February 7, one of our Bassett Hounds, Bingo, passed away. I am sad that Hannah Ruth will never meet him, but he was over 10 years old and had a cancerous tumor in his spleen. He died from the surgery to remove his spleen, but the cancer had already metastasized to his abdominal wall so he did not have much longer any way. We still have his sister, Sparky.
Keep praying that the CCAA will speed up a little, but I am confident that God is in control and it will happen in His time.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home