More information - all good
I almost hate to post. I don't want Hannah Ruth's picture to move any farther down the page. I guess I can re-post it. Rick said tonight that he is sad because we will not receive any more pictures until "gotcha day."
Yesterday I took the two pages of information written entirely in Chinese to a wonderful lady named TZ. She is Chinese (she grew up in Singapore) and she works at the local community college. Tupelo, MS has a large furniture industry and most of the factories have contacts or plants in China. TZ works with these various businesses on Chinese culture and translates documents for them. She hosted a Chinese dinner with us back in April so we would know what to expect about eating in China. (I posted about it last April. You can find it in the archives under April 20, 2005.) Well anyway, she translated the information for me. Here are the highlights:
- Feng means harvest. Yu means rain. Xi means hope. (Richmond said, so her name means they were hoping for rain for the harvest.)
- She was born on November 12, and placed in foster care November 14.
- She really seems to be attached to her foster mother. At two months, she would stop crying when she heard her foster mother's voice. At 4 months she recognized her foster mother. At 5 months she likes to "talk" with her foster mother. As a matter of fact - talking with her foster mother was listed as her favorite activity. That is all very good. It is easier to transfer attachment than to create it.
- She cries only when hungry. She yells when she is mad.
- When she is happy, she laughs out loud.
- She sleeps by herself (unusual.) She like the light on and she sleeps with a little pillow.
- She loves to have a bath.
- She loves to listen to music.
- She can be stubborn.
- Her favorite toys are red. She likes red toys!
The hard part now is that we want to hold her and be with her. Please pray for travel in September. We want her home!
Blessings to all!


2 Comments:
She is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I can't wait to follow your journey and see her in your arms.....right where God planned for her to be!!
Sonya
DH Jeff
DS Drew (12)
DS Ben (9)
DD Katie Lin (2) home since 3-5-05
http://tochinaforkatielin.blogspot.com
http://hodgefamilynews.blogspot.com
I am SO HAPPY for you all.. I cannot imagine how you can contain your joy and want to go TODAY to go get her! What a beautiful child :)
Post a Comment
<< Home