The wait is over and begins anew!
It is with much joy that I announce that we have a daughter! Her name is Feng Yu Xi. (In Chinese, the first name is the surname.) Her American name will probably be Hannah Ruth Yuxi Culp. She was born November 12, 2005. That would make her about 8.5 months old. She is from the Feng Cheng SWI (Social Welfare Institute - aka orphanage) but has been in foster care. She is small. As of April 28th, she weighed 13 pounds and was 24.3 inches long. According to the Growth Chart for Southern Chinese Girls, that would put her in about the 20th percentile for weight and between 3rd and 10th percentile for height. She is a delicate flower. Our family coordinator at the agency said she is beautiful, but we won't have a picture until tomorrow. I will post a picture as soon as I have one!
Now we wait until we can go pick her up. I have a new prayer request my faithful prayer warriors. Please pray that we will travel in September. China has a national holiday the first part of October and a big trade fair the latter part, so if we do not travel in September there is a chance we may not travel until November. I want her home for her first birthday!!!! You guys are the best. God is so good! He heard our prayers and we had our referral by the end of July!
Fear not for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east and from the west I will gather you. Isaiah 43:5 ESV


3 Comments:
TO GOD BY THE GLORY!!! We anxiously await pictures.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Congrats!!!! We are getting our picture tomorrow too! Wow - it really does happen! Good luck sleeping tonight. :) I'm going to climb the walls!
Jen
Post a Comment
<< Home